November and December are the busiest months of the year for Scouting and Lego Robotics. For example, last week the Lego team met on Monday and Tuesday evenings and then competed most of Saturday; Thursday and Friday evening along with Sunday afternoon were spent doing Girl Scout things. When you toss in Sunday morning worship and Wednesday evening Bible study, you have one very full week!
My Girl Scout co-leader offered to go to the monthly leader's meeting last night that I usually attend. She's now my husband's second favorite person.
Richelle's Lego Robotics team didn't do as well this year as last year. They got high marks in the teamwork and project areas and moderate scores on the competition table but their robot design scored quite low. They used a basic robot design and modified it only slightly. The judges like to see personally designed robots because is shows ingenuity and a good grasp of mechanics.
All in all, they did about what I expected in the robot design area and competition table, a bit better than I expected in the project area, and a lot better in the teamwork area. I'm pleased with their performance and disappointed they aren't advancing to State Competition.
Okay, I'll be a little more truthful...I'm disappointed they aren't going to State Competition but I (and the team parents) are thrilled that the season is over! Had they gone to state, we'd have had six more weeks of meetings.
So I get my Tuesday evenings back; Thursday is the final event for GS for the year; 4-H meetings are two per month again until next September....
Dear Husband is on day shift for six months or so and is happy to be together in the evenings again.
No comments:
Post a Comment