May has been unseasonably cool for us this year but a few days ago, the weather was very spring-like. The flowers were blooming....
...the goldfinches were feasting by the dozens.....
And then, after a day of Mary-Poppins-turn-the-umbrella-inside-out-and-the-patio-table-over winds, this rolls in.....
The rain made the flowers less than bright but were determined to be cheerful anyway.
We had driving rain like this off an on all day yesterday. You can see the haze of rain splashing off the table. The little iris buds are thankfully protected through the onslaught.
Sunset. But it didn't bring "sailor's delight" as the red sky promised. Today was another day of torrential downpours interspersed with spells of....not dryness, really....more like....not raining.
It got up to 49 degrees today and the forecast for tonight is snow as low as 2,000ft. I suppose if we lived in Prince Albert, Canada, this would be normal. But we live in western Oregon and it's not normal. Global warming? I shake my head as I toss another log into the wood stove.
No comments:
Post a Comment