I was visiting Nick and Jenn the other day and my heart warmed at the picture of Nick cuddling Little Bradlee. Nick gazed at the little guy contemplatively, smoothed his duck-down-soft hair and observed, "Usually, when you bring something life-changing into your life, you spend time researching it and choosing your options before ordering your specifications; 'Let's see....we want brown hair...blue eyes...about eight pounds....' With a baby, it doesn't work that way but we're sure happy with what we get!"
"But," Mike pointed out when I told him later, "you choose your specifications beforehand when you look for your spouse."
Well, yes, I guess you do. But I never saw '9lbs, 11oz' on Mike's manifest, nor did I see 'nearly bald for the first six months'. But I agree with Nick - we're sure happy with what we get!
I got a few more pictures of Bradlee and this one of Nick but Jenn was not ready to be photographed and I didn't even ask.
Here he is taking a peek at the world.
Enough of the world. Back to sleep again.



1 comment:
Yay! So happy to be onto this blog now! So I can keep track of all of you. :D ADOWABLE baby! (As Cora would say.) Can't wait to meet him one of these days.
Post a Comment