Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fun With Family

     Last week, we had the privilege of hosting two of my cousins when they stayed in town for a short time.  Actually, to be strictly accurate, Chris and Robyn are my kids' third cousins, but who's strictly accurate except in my family?  Anyway, after supper, we pulled out the Trivial Pursuit game and had a hilarious time.  Robyn kept rolling sixes and got a tad disgruntled with her slow progress, especially when Chris habitually rolled twos and fours.


     Here, Robyn is reading Cameron's question while Chris tries to figure out the answer.  I knew a lot of the answers...unfortunately, they were to other players' questions.


I read Chris' card at this point and so missed his incredulous expression as the question unfolded.  It ran something like:  "What French president adopted a boat person refugee that he'd found crying in the Charles de Gaulle Airport?"
     "There's been so many French presidents, even the French wouldn't know this answer!" he exclaimed.
    
    

"The first name will be either Jacques or Pierre," Robyn suggested helpfully.  But after several minutes of agonizing thought, he decided he simply couldn't answer correctly and so gave in.  
     Although she didn't know the president's name, Robyn's guess was correct.  It was Jacques Chirac.  Chris groaned, shook his head, and passed the dice on.

We knew Chris and Robyn but not well, so it was a real treat to have them spend time with us and get to know them better.  

4 comments:

KimP said...

I think being "strictly accurate" is a habit in our family just to keep things straight!

deonne said...

How can we POSSIBLY help it?...we're of Grandma Bone's stock, after all!! So whether or not it was Tues or Wed is extremely important!! :)

Melita Stafford said...

Now I understand why I am compelled to tell acquaintances the intricacies of how I'm related to someone we know in common! And in spite of their glazed eyes, I find myself pressing on...
But accurate sounds better than annoying, so I'm sticking with it! ;)

Melita Stafford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.