Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I was sitting at the computer beside the big picture window concentrating on some research when I heard Richelle call from outside, "Mom!  Look!  Quick!!"

There was a quality of urgency in her voice that I looked, quick.  And found the air had turned golden.  Inside and outside the house, the air was a warm golden glow that made us stretch into it as if into a cozy blanket.

The sunset was one I do not think I've ever seen in my life.  I have seen the air golden as well as pink, rose, and yellow but never so vibrantly gold.



Tyee Mountain almost looks volcanic.



We saw this double rainbow just as the glow was fading and the fat raindrops began splatting around us.


 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork."

2 comments:

Calysta said...

That is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm sure these pictures don't do it justice at all, but your readers can see it's one of those special sunsets that move you. The kind you only get a handful of in a lifetime. Lovely!!

Melita Stafford said...

I love coming to your blog and seeing this post. The pictures get me every time. =) How gorgeous! God is so good to us, even in the teeny details!
xo