Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flowers and baskets

Thought I'd post some pictures of my roses and of the hanging baskets.




This one I picked as a bud and watched it open indoors.



This is the same rose shot with the micro setting. I spritzed it with water and Cameron took the picture.


Cameron took this one too. He went outside in the dark and rain where he used a tripod, the low-light setting, and a mini-mag for lighting. That kid sure has an eye for the artistic. He had a little trouble because of the rain. This is really the only one of about eighteen shots that turned out very well because with the low-light setting, things have to be perfectly still or they'll blur and raindrops hitting a flower cause just enough motion to make things interesting.



And now (drum roll, please) the persecuted hanging baskets.....

Himself wants to yank out the alyssum and put in something that will bush out and droop faster. If I can only keep his impatient fingers away from them another week, he may become grumpily resigned to their rate of growth. I may talk him into inserting flowers into the sides of the basket through the coconut fibers. That'll give him the illusion that the flowers are filling out, anyway.


A picture of our front patio. The full baskets hanging on either side of the windows are my Mom's Day gift from him. THAT is what he wants the new baskets to look like already. Never mind that they were started WEEKS ago!

1 comment:

The McCullough Family said...

cool pictures. beautiful roses. I am not so good with plants. I am GREEN with envy! :)