Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Worst Mom

I am probably the absolute worst mom in the world.  


Richelle had a choir concert this afternoon after more than two months of practice and rehearsals.  This is the first performance in arts that she's done so you'd think I'd make sure things were special for her.  Especially since she's had a bad cold the past few days, looks a bit pale, and has a lingering cough.


Instead, I~
  1. Managed to bring the camera with me from home (maybe not the absolute worst mom, then) but completely forgot I had it in the car until after the concert started and I noticed a much better mom in front of me recording on her video.
  2. Neglected to make the suggestion that Richelle use a touch of make-up to give some color to her wan face.
  3. Spaced out about giving her a couple of cough drops - or even a roll of Life-Savers for cryin' out loud! - in case she got a fit of coughing while singing. (She did, poor thing, but on the last half of the last song.  She lip-synced most of it and suddenly had a lot of color from stifling the coughs.)
  4. Didn't remember to get her a bouquet of congratulatory flowers.

Here's where I'd insert the photo of a healthy-looking, smiling Richelle holding a bouquet of flowers.


****sigh****

No comments: