Thursday, October 21, 2010

Art

Richelle attended a six-hour drawing workshop Monday through our homeschool group.  She loves to draw, sketch, and paint so I jumped at the chance to get her lessons from two accomplished artists from Portland.  The parents were required to attend the class as well so we could learn the techniques and help the students as part of our daily schooling.  I will spare you my pictures.

Richelle's "before" picture.  We were to draw a face and a hand.  You can see the original flat hand Richelle drew and sort of erased.  After a lesson on perspective, she drew the other one.


This is Richelle's "after" picture.   This is what she did in the 30 - 45 minutes they were given.  She'd originally sketched in "puppy ears" but used a 6B pencil (very soft lead) that doesn't erase all that well and you can see shadows of that.

I'll not scare you with either my "before" or "after" pictures.  I know what looks good and what needs to be done but I have a difficult time doing it.  Besides, I'd rather make someone laugh through my written word than from looking at my sad attempts at art!

No comments: