Friday, May 23, 2008

Wrapping Up the School Year

On the home schooling front, Richelle sat her required testing today and normally I would end the school year at this point. However, (you saw that coming, didn't you?) there are only about four lessons left in her math book and one in her English so we'll finish the year when we finish the month. Last year's scores ranged from very good to awesome so I'm curious to see what this year's testing will show.

Cameron is preparing to sit the GED and go on to the local community college in the fall. He has a job interview Tuesday with an area mill and hopes to be hired on as summer help. The pay is very good and he hopes to make enough to meet tuition and books for the coming year. He's looking at a few different fields of study and will take basic courses until he decides between massage therapy, physics, and chiropractics. He certainly has a knack for finding the release point for sore muscles!

I'm planning a light course of schooling for Richelle this summer. She's staging a student protest. I'm planning for her to develop some lap books with just a few minutes of math each day. I think it will pique her interest and she'll end up enjoying it.

No comments: